Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Twitter Tweet Tweet

Rather on a dare, I signed up for the much-touted "Twitter" service, after dismissing it as for "twits" for the last year or so. Coming as it does, two months after my arrival on Facebook, I wasn't sure what the deal was.

I have to say that after 3 days up as "DrBen54" I'm still not sure.

I've had 4 people "follow" me. One was from Russia and wanted a Green Card in return for her making me a "very happy man". Not sure I need that type of happiness.

Another was from a guy trying to tally up his total of people he is following.

The other two were form genuinely interesting people. One was a minister and the other a Chaplain, both careers I am actively pursuing right now.

For now I will follwo the interest folks ignore the others and see where this leads. Compared to my Facebook account in which everyone I've ever seem to have met joined within a month, Twitter has been quiet. Since I won't put it on my cell phone, it's likely to stay that way for now.

Once we survive the economic disaster in California, I might spring for texting for for now I sit. Keeping my ears open for a soft little "TWEET".

No comments: