Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memories of a happy time chicago 1988-91

Those who know me know that my time in "Chicagoland" from 1988 to 1991 was one of the more difficult times of my life. My first marriage of 15 years ended while I lived here, and my life took off in an entirely different direction. Not a bad one but surely different. I now live in California.

Still there is much I miss about the area known as Chicagoland. The Great Lakes, the rolling prairies, little towns with "pig roasts" and other uh-interesting cuisine (Prairie Oysters?!!) and most of all the excellent bike paths.

As long as a brother and my dad live in that part of the world, I try to get back there once or twice a year. I start another such trip in a week.

This website shows recent pictures of some of my favorite rides!
http://www.about-bicycles.com/bike-trails.htm

Maybe this time I'll try to rent a bike!

Posted via email from drben54's posterous

No comments: